Accidentally, I happened to make the most amazing Aloo (potato) chops I had ever eaten. It is Saturday and I wanted to go to eat Aloo Chops (quite a delicacy in East of India, also called Aloo Bonda in other places). So I decided to make these today. I wanted to add a touch of experiment and the outcome was delicious.
I had some Italian seasoning and red chili flakes sachets which were left over from the earlier times I had ordered pizza from Papa John's & Pizza Hut. I used them as well to create the stuffing for the Chops.
3 Big Potatoes
3 Green Chilies
1 table spoon Dry Mint Powder
Salt (as per taste)
3 Red chili flake sachet from Pizza outlet [coz I used them ;)]
3 Italian Seasoning
- Boil the potatoes and peel off the skin.
- Chop green chilies and mash the potatoes. Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl.
- Make small round balls out of the stuffing and keep aside.
- The stuffing is ready.
100 grams Gram Floor (Besan)
50 grams Corn Flour
1 tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
1 tsp Cumin Seeds powder
Salt (to taste)
Water - 1/4th cup
Vegetable Oil - 1 Cup
- Mix gram floor, corn floor, carom seeds, cumin seeds powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add water and make a semi-thick paste but it should be on the watery side.
- Add the balls to the paste and roll them well so that the balls are covered properly.
- Boil the oil in a frying pan(kadai) and keep the gas intensity to medium.
- Now, add the rolls to the frying pan such that only 4-5 rolls are fried at a time and keep the gas intensity to low.
- Keep turning the rolls so that they get cooked in all parts.
- Once the rolls are light brown, take them out of the pan and keep on a newspaper or tissue to get rid of the excess oil.
- Serve hot.